A travel blog by Window Seater
Beta test a new Window Seater guide
We are Window Seater, a new startup connecting making train travel more compelling and connecting travellers to the communities outside their window.
We are working with Great Western Railways, the Community Rail Network and Innovate UK to produce new audio guides for 10 UK rail lines.
And we’re looking for people to take a listen and tell us what they think.
This is your chance to help create amazing rail experiences for travellers across the UK! 🙌🙌
Sign up to test a guide
We have 10 new guides to test. Simply choose a line, click the button and complete the form. You’ll then receive a test link to the app.
Once installed, take a listen as you travel.
- Bristol <> Severn Beach on the Severn Beach Line
- Bristol <> Westbury on The Heart of Wessex Line (North)
- Gloucester <> Swindon on the Golden Valley Line
- London <> Oxford (via Reading)
- Oxford <> Hereford on the Cotswold Line
- Reading <> Basingstoke
- Reading <> Red Hill on the North Downs Line
- Swindon <> Westbury on the TransWilts Line
- Westbury <> Weymouth Town on The Heart of Wessex Line (South)
- Worcester <> Bristol
I’m not travelling by train. Can I still test it?
Of course! The guides work best on a train (all the content is geolocated and plays as you travel past points of interest). But you can still listen at home.
Do I have to ride the line all the way?
Not at all. You can ride all or part of one of the lines, as you wish.
What happens after I test it?
We’ll send you a short questionnaire and we might arrange a phone call to find out what you think and to hear your ideas.